svn malfunction (Re: [immodule-qt] Porting to Qt4)

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Sep 1 17:45:53 EEST 2004

Hi all, sorry for my long absence.

Our subversion repository is now suffering unusual deadlock
problem. Please don't access our repository until the problem
has been resolved.

Cougar, Daisuke, please kill following processes to prepare
resolving.

yamaken at gabe:~$ ps auxww|grep svn
cougar   15923  0.3  0.0  5148 1004 ?        S    Aug27  22:24 svnserve.distrib -t
cougar   15690  0.2  0.0  5144  996 ?        S    Aug28  14:22 svnserve.distrib -t
daisuke  32587  0.2  0.0  5144  996 ?        S    Aug29  13:07 svnserve.distrib -t
daisuke  30437  0.2  0.0  2348  628 ?        S    Aug30   7:40 db4.2_deadlock -v -h /svn/immqt/db
cougar    9578  0.2  0.0  5148  992 ?        S    Aug30   6:07 svnserve.distrib -t

I've restarted the suspended investigation today, and perhaps
I've found what is the problem. Thanks Yusuke for the help about
Linux specific issues.

There is a permanently locked mutex on mapped shared file
/svn/immqt/db/__db.001, so other processes are waiting forever,
even if the process is the deadlock-detecting tool
db_deadlock. The mutex is not a database itself and usually
unlocked immediately, so it's not a usual deadlock.

It will required to restart apache2 to free the locked
mutex. Following command shows a lot of awaiting apache2
processes. I'll send the request to admins.

$ fuser /svn/immqt/db/*

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp