[immodule-qt] command line qtrc setting tool.

Takumi ASAKI takumi at asaki.jp
Sun Sep 5 14:45:45 EEST 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 17:51, YamaKen wrote:

> I think that new responsibility of the tool should be following.
> (1) Provide available IM list to expert users to configure
>     QT_IM_* envs by hand
>
> (2) Provide available IM list to system integrators to construct
>     IM configuration menu (such as in localedrake)
>
> (3) Provide available IM list to imsw-multi to construct the
>     popup menu
>
> These responsibilities are similar to gtk-query-immodules-2.0 on
> GTK+ environment. So we should make the tool closer to GTK+'s
> one about behavior and result (the IM list format). It brings
> following benefit.
>
> - Any users can reduce learning and system maintenance cost
>   involving the tool since the behavior, responsibility and
>   result of the tool are similar to well-known
>   gtk-query-immodules-2.0
>
> - System integrators may share some code fragment of parser for
>   the IM list between GTK+ and Qt
>
> I also think that the tool should be renamed to
> qt-query-immodules to explicitly indicate above similarity.
>
> How do you think about it?

Then, we support QT_IM_MODULE_FILE env.?
Creating qt-query-immodules command is easy.
But we should disscuss it's spec.

qt-query-immodules should output in GTK's GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE format?
Why don't use QSettings class?
We need impement parser?

GTK_IM_MODULE_FILE format is to read GTK+ library.
If we run qt-query-immodules to know immodule list, it's better that output is more man readable format.

--
  Che Che - Bye Bye
        From: Takumi ASAKI <takumi at asaki.jp>