[immodule-qt] Surrounding text

Choe Hwanjin krisna at kldp.org
Tue Sep 7 04:53:33 EEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 12:03:41AM +0900, Daisuke Kameda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 06 September 2004 22:27, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What's the status of surrounding text support in the QT 3 patches?
>
> We want to support surrounding text. But nothing is implemented yet.
> And, Although based on the quantity of changes, probably it will be
> introduced in Qt4 or after it.
>

> By the way, I have almost no knowledge about surrounding text.
> So, I want to ask you about the following question.
>
> - Are there any good material about surrounding text?
>
> - Does the code about surrounding text implemented in gtk have
>   sufficient function?
>
> - Which country needs surrounding text support?

I think this is a good feature for korean users. Many korean users want to
change already inputed text to hanja(kanji) and surrounding text can
solve this problem.

Imhangul(GTK2 input module only for korean) already implements this
feature.
If you want to test, follow this instruction:
download http://kldp.net/download.php/1443/imhangul-0.9.11.tar.bz2
untar
./configure
make
make install
export GTK_IM_MODULE=hangul2 or select it on input context menu
press shift-space
press rhkstpdmaqhtkf
move cursor to the left by pressing left arrow key twice
then press F9, you will see candidate list(hanja)
or move cursor any other position and press f9, you will also
candidate list.