[immodule-qt] Surrounding text

Anuradha Ratnaweera gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 07:09:45 EEST 2004

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:08:24 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> At Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:27:51 +0600,
> gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com wrote:
> > What's the status of surrounding text support in the QT 3 patches?
>
> The development for surrounding text feature is not yet started
> for both Qt4 and Qt3.
>
> If you have requirements or opinions about the feature, please
> tell us anything. We welcome such posts based on actual
> experience about any languages.

For our Sinhala language project (http://sinhala.linux.lk) context
dependent input was initially a `nice-to-have' feature, but after we
released 0.1 a week ago, user feedback about the context sensitive
gtk-immodule is really good, and i don't think we can go back to a
keymap type of an input :-(

Until we `port' the existing gtk-immodule (please see my earlier post
in this thread) to QT, it is not possible recommend the Knoppix
remastered CD to `general public'.

We are very much willing to work with the qt-immodule team to
implement surrounding text (all we need is to get some surrounding
text, and to delete some surrounding text).

Thanks.

        Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/