[immodule-qt] svn repository malfunction

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 04:59:11 EEST 2004

Hi,
  I found a design issue of qt immodule. There are only three IM
events: IMStart, IMCompose and IMEnd. A string can only be committed
to the client by IMEnd event.
  But, some input methods may want to commit a string to the client
before the end of composing (while displaying a preedit string). In
this case the preedit string will be erased, because IMEnd has been
sent to commit the string. Then the input method must restart
displaying the preedit string by resending IMStart and IMCompose
events. It's so inconvenience.
  Please have a look at the design of gtk immodule, the preedit string
and commit events are separated to each other completely. Input method
can commit string to client anytime, no matter whether there is a
preedit string available.

Regards
James Su