[immodule-qt] commit while preedit is being kept (Re: svn repository malfunction)

Leon Ho llch at redhat.com
Fri Sep 10 07:19:26 EEST 2004

> Yes, this model inherits Trolltech's original XIM
> implementation. At least Qt/Embedded's own input method facility
> is also using same model.
>
> >   But, some input methods may want to commit a string to the client
> > before the end of composing (while displaying a preedit string).
>
> Did you say that m17n-latin-post and m17n-vi-viqr are such IM?
>
> Regardless of the answer, please let me know (other) such IMs as
> examples. Actual implementations will indicate real requirements
> to make proper decision.

As an example, I can think of korean input methods (nabi or hangul LE)
are usually commit character when composing.

A test case would be 'rksk' keystrokes. Typing the whole 'rksk' will
commit the 'rk' character, and the 'sk' will be still in preedit buffer.

I found out this when I was debugging a problem in gtkhtml. The cause of
the problem is because the preedit buffer still contains characters
after commit.

Leon