[immodule-qt] Surrounding text

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Fri Sep 17 18:01:59 EEST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 21:38, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> Anyway, implementing getSurrounding as an event doesn't look nice,
> because it needs to return both the text and cursor positon.
> QLineEdit already can return cursor position and text, and backspace()
> and delte() functions, while QTextEdit also can do somewhat similar.

Thank you for consideration.

> After considering several options, I am thinking of doing it this way:
> please comment.  (Please forgive my poor knowledge of OOP terminology.
>
> :-))
>
> - Implement getSurrounding() and deleteSurrounding() in QWidget which
> does nothing (and returns null).
>
> - QLineEdit and QTextEdit overides imGetSurrounding() and
> imDeleteSurrounding().

Do you mean "overides getSurrounding() and deleteSurrounding()"?

> - QInputContext implements getSurrounding() and deleteSurrounding().

How is each function implemented concretely?

How does QInputContext acquire cursor position and text at getSurrounding()?
Is getSurrounding() of QWidget (QLineEdit and QTextEdit) performed?
Does QInputContext::deleteSurrounding() perform deleteSurrounding()
of QWidget (QLineEdit and QTextEdit)?

> At the same time, I am writing, rather porting from gtk-im, the
> Sinhala (Transliterated) input method, so that I have something to
> test along the way.
>
> http://cvs.linux.lk/cgi-bin/cvsweb/sinhala/qt/im/

It is good news. I will try later.

--