[immodule-qt] Re: Question about deletion of the method of QInputContext

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sun Jan 9 13:18:35 EET 2005

Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 17:52, Daisuke Kameda wrote:
> > 1.  About setFocus() and unsetFocus().
> > setFocus() and unsetFocus() were deleted from QInputContext and, naturally
> > the corresponding call was also deleted. I think it unnatural and unclear
> > to substitute setFocusWidget() and unsetFocusWidget().
> >
> > Why did you determine in this way?
>
> Because you do not set focus on an input context. You notify the input context
> about focus changes.

I can't understand what this comment mean.
Is it the meaning that the contents of these function were empty?

If so, I think it good to change them into a pure virtual function,
without deleting.

setFocus() and unsetFocus() are virtual function.
These behavior are defined in subclass of QInputContext.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>