[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.2.99.902

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 23:27:21 CEST 2008

 Hello:

El Lunes, 31 de Marzo de 2008, Zhenyu Wang escribió:
> This is xf86-video-intel-2.3-rc2 release. Here's the changelog from
> previous 2.2.99.901 release.
>
> Please test and report any problem you see, thanks!

[...]

  Thanks a lot for your tireless effort on providing the best free video
driver out there.

  I'm running latest git version as of yesterday, so this includes 2.2.9.902
version of the driver.

  For the moment I haven't done a deep test, but as long as I've seen there's
a odd behaviour as regard with the backlight. This is a 965GM chipset on a
Toshiba laptop.

  After the recent Jesse commit about the backlight, things improved a little,
but not all that it should IMHO.

  Being on a laptop I like keeping backlight level to minimum almost always. I
prefer 2 methods for doing this. First is using the backlight brightness keys
in the laptop which regulates the backlight level the hard way. This works
but when the screen saver comes in, i.e.: dpms actions or when I change to
another VT the backlight goes back to the maximum level.

  The other method is using the xbacklight command. If I set it to 0 (=0) this
works as well, but backlight level goes back to its maximum value (default I
guess) this time only when I do VT change. Funny thing is that if I do
xbacklight =0 again, level doesn't change. I need to do xbacklight =1 for
example to have a low value again, but I guess this is a xbacklight bug or
limitation.

  Well this is my backlight considerations. Don't hesitate to ask for more
relevant information.

  Regards,
--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles