[Intel-gfx] Testing XvMC with 2.2.99.902

Wu, Nian nian.wu at intel.com
Wed Apr 9 07:35:03 CEST 2008

Billy Macdonald wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I downloaded and installed the 2.2.99.902 drivers.  I have a i915
> chip which I use DVI on the add-in card to a Samsung DLP at 1280x720.
> It's on Fedora 8 with xorg 1.3.0.0-44.fc8.  I use this system for
> MythTV so I won't be testing any of the 3d or opengl stuff.   Attached
> is my xorg.conf, Xorg.0.log, mythtv, and mplayer outputs.  Myth
> crashes when I try to use XvMC and mplayer bails on the video and just
> plays the audio.
>
>     I am unable to get XvMC to work.  Xv does work properly.  I'm not
> sure if something isn't setup correctly as I know from past
> experiences with a different manufacture, XvMC can be tricky to
> configure.  Anyone have any ideas?  I guess my main question is do all
> i915 chips support XvMC and is it supported on the DVI output with the
> addon PCI-x card.
>
> Thanks,
> Billy
>
> PS  Mplayer command:  mplayer -msglevel vo=9:decvideo=9 -fs -vo xvmc
> -vc ffmpeg12mc /var/storage/mythtv/4869_20080408230000.mpg

Your mplayer.log reported "Could not open codec.VDecoder init failed
:(Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000002.".
Please check if the format of video file is MPEG2 firstly.
There are some example video files: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG2/.

By the way, we neen not the file XvMCConfig.

Thanks,
Nian Wu