[Intel-gfx] Updated 965 textured video code

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Apr 14 02:13:00 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 22:27 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> Anyway, I wonder whether some filtering can be done (e.g., antialiasing can
> be done in advance of just yuv->rgb conversion). It would be more close to the
> legacy YUV overlay..

The texturing code does use bilinear interpolation. For larger scale
factors, we could even generate mipmaps and use the rest of the 3D
engine.

Of course, the overlay does a lot more sophisticated filtering than
that; it has a multi-tap FIR for scaling the video (not sure how many it
uses, but iirc, it's like 5 or 7)

keith.packard at intel.com