[Intel-gfx] xserver/driver from git and kernel drm from stable vanilla kernel

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Tue Aug 19 22:14:02 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:36 pm Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> I don't think my setup is that uncommon, in fact I think even when you
> release the drm kernel code people will still be using .25 or .26
> kernels for a long time. So you need to make sure that the latest driver
> will work with earlier kernels that don't support GEM.

Definitely.  We want the next release to be solid on both GEM and non-GEM
systems...

> Do you want me to file a bug? I would like to avoid that if it's
> something as easy as updating userspace headers or libraries or such.

There are a few open GEM bugs already, so this may be a dup, but I'd say go
ahead and file one anyway with as much info as you can collect (X log, compiz
errors if any, kernel dmesg etc., intellinuxgraphics.org has some info).

Thanks,
Jesse