[Intel-gfx] Wrong fb_bar under 64bit address

Edward Shu Edward.Shu at Sun.COM
Thu Dec 4 09:58:15 CET 2008

Hi,
  I am investigating a PCI specific issue for Intel DDX drivers.

  In i830_driver.c:i830_detect_chipset()

1323	 /* Now that we know the chipset, figure
         out the resource base addrs */
1324	if (IS_I9XX(pI830)) {
1325	fb_bar = 2;
1326	mmio_bar = 0;
1327	} else {
1328	fb_bar = 0;
1329	mmio_bar = 1;
1330	}

fb_bar is an BAR index in PCI configure space. In G35,
the GMADR spans from 18~1F which can have 64 bit address
in G35.  And fb_bar should be 1 instead of 2 following
PCI convention.  Why does this wrong fb_bar work by now?
I guess BIOS never give GMADDR a 64bit address so far
tough it has 64bit address ability. However,  64bit address
for GMADR will definitely come.  What do you think of this?

G35 BAR in PCI config space:
BAR0:10~18  BAR1:18~1F   BAR2:20 ~ 28