[Intel-gfx] Graphical corruption on G965

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:26:30 CET 2008

Hello,

I now use Arch Linux on my desktop. Since Arch has upgraded Xorg to
1.5.x, I started to see corruption on windows. This is not easy to
trigger, so I can't bisect. This happens both with 1.4.x and 1.5.x Intel
driver, but there was no such thing with xorg-1.4.x.

The corruption looks like incorrectly-painted (color stripes)
rectangular parts of the window. XFCE Terminal is catching this most
frequently (once per week), and I have no reliable way to reproduce
this. The corruption moves together with the window and doesn't
disappear when I minimize and restore the window, or when I open the
popup menu just above the corrupted piece of window and then dismiss it.

I don't use compiz or any other compositing manager, and don't even have
Option "Composite" in xorg.conf.

How to debug this?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov