[Intel-gfx] x11perf -aa10text performance

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Dec 8 12:07:45 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 01:17:42PM -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> > Now it is:
> > 1600000 trep @   0.0169 msec ( 59300.0/sec): Char in 80-char aa line (Charter 10)
>
> Lukas,
>
> You might want to try the batch_flush_notify patch I posted yesterday.
>
> I'll go ahead and rebase it to master and push it out very soon as
> well.
>
> It should fix this problem. (And if it doesn't, please let me know.)

Well, I finally get libdrm 2.4.2 working. I applied your patch to the current
git head.

x11perf -aa10text
x11perf - X11 performance program, version 1.2
The X.Org Foundation server version 10503000 on :0.0
from anubis
Mon Dec  8 12:05:51 2008

Sync time adjustment is 0.0411 msecs.

 400000 reps @   0.0150 msec ( 66800.0/sec): Char in 80-char aa line (Charter
10)
 400000 reps @   0.0149 msec ( 67100.0/sec): Char in 80-char aa line (Charter
10)
 400000 reps @   0.0150 msec ( 66700.0/sec): Char in 80-char aa line (Charter
10)

so, yes, it is better but it used to be faster.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek