[Intel-gfx] How To Reduce/Eliminate Horizontal Tearing

Nick Nobody me at nikosapi.org
Thu Dec 11 05:14:42 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 with a GM945 (at 1920x1080) for my media center PC.
The problem I'm running into is a bunch of horizontal tearing on higher
resolution videos (720p or greater). From what I can tell it's not a CPU
limitation but rather something related to the graphics card...

Are there any options that I can enable in my xorg.conf to help
reduce/eliminate this tearing? Or is this simply a hardware limitation?
Can XvMC somehow help me here?

Thanks,

nick