[Intel-gfx] testing for quarterly release (2008-07)

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Jul 16 22:09:12 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:34 am Łukasz Jernaś wrote:
> Dnia 2008-07-01, wto o godzinie 16:37 +0800, Jin, Gordon pisze:
> > Community Testers,
> >
> > Intel is going to release the gfx driver package quarterly. The package
> > will include the latest stable code for all of the related components:
> > xf86-video-intel, mesa, drm, and agpgart. We hope this could give users
> > better experience.
> >
> > Here comes the first release candidate for the first quarterly release.
> > I'm adding "stable driver" info into
> > http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html.
> > So for xf86-video-intel, please use xf86-video-intel-2.4-branch; for
> > mesa, please use mesa_7_0_branch (accopmanied by xserver
> > server-1.4-branch); for drm, please use a not-too-old kernel
> > (>=2.6.26-rc7 is recommended).
> > You can also use the tarball provided on the download page, if you don't
> > use git.
>
> I've made a small script with regard to
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Development/git
> which should help newbies start with git testing. It should work
> (there's a weird issue with my distro and trying to build the drm
> modules so I havent tested all of it), although it doesn't change
> branches for you (yet ;). Of course there's jhbuild and stuff, but IMHO
> that's simpler. Anyway, it's attached.

Nice script; I modified it a bit to work on my system, which doesn't have some
of the development packages installed.  I also added checks for the configure
stage to catch cases where the dependencies aren't satisfied.  Care to post
it to the Development/git page for people to use?  It definitely comes in
handy for building an initial test environment.

Jesse