[Intel-gfx] Support for HDMI on ASUS P5E-VM HDMI (G35 chipset)

Hong Liu hong.liu at intel.com
Fri Jun 13 02:30:39 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 19:54 +0800, Mike Wright wrote:
> > We are trying to contact someone in intel who can give us more info on
> > how to setup the SDVO-HDMI card to get correct display.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hong
>
> Hi Hong,
>
> Are you having any luck with the ASUS P5E-VM HDMI yet?
>
> Kind regards,
> Mike.

Hi, Mike

Attached is the patch that enables SDVO-HDMI output on ASUS motherboard.
With this patch, I can get 1920x1080 display on our SONY TV.

I am still working on EDID parsing work, since the HDMI DTV stores the
mode info into the EDID extension block while currently X server only
parses the basic EDID block (1st 128 bytes).

Thanks,
Hong