[Intel-gfx] Backlight testing

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Mar 28 21:22:56 CET 2008

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:39 am Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?  I've had a few success reports but no reports of
> regressions, but I'd like to hear from a few more testers before pushing...
>
> Lukas, you've reported several backlight bugs that we've fixed, do things
> still work after applying the patch?

Oookay.  I haven't received any testing feedback from this list, positive or
negative, but I have had a few success reports from bug 14721, so I'm going
to push the patch that changes the backlight code to use the combo method
rather than the legacy method if the legacy bit is set (assuming no kernel
interface is available, that always takes priority).

Please let me know ASAP if this breaks things for you.

Thanks,
Jesse