[Intel-gfx] Backlight testing

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:01:06 CEST 2008

El Viernes, 9 de Mayo de 2008, Jesse Barnes escribió:
> On Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:37 pm Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> > On 2008.04.24 14:47:10 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> > > Hello Jesse,
> > >
> > > unfortunately, the latest head of the intel driver has problem with
> > > backlight setting again.
> > >
> > > If I change backlight setting while the xserver is running (using /sys
> > > interface), using mplayer resets the setting back to the previous
> > > value.
> > >
> > > I think it happens if I set backlight level and then call DPMS from On
> > > to On. The current code does not reread the current value. The
> > > following patch works for me:
> >
> > Good catch, I think we can ignore backlight setting if current target
> > power has already been on, or get/set current level as in your patch.
>
> Zhenyu, you want to go ahead and apply something like this for the 2.3.1
> release?

  May I ask you to also apply for that release commit
36ec93300926084fb2951d69b001e4c67bc6ff79 (Bug #15807: Fix use of the ring
while VT-switched, hit by fast user switching.)

  I think it's kind of important for driver stability and normal usage.

  Thanks,

--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----