[Intel-gfx] Question about fallback-messages?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 23:36:35 CET 2008

Hi,

I am currently analyzing fallbacks I hit on i830, but not on >=i915.
Furthermore I see font problems regardless wether
(subpixel)-antialiasing is used or not, sometimes fonts appear cut
off, e.g. the lower part of the 'g' is missing as well as artifacts
caused by bug 16917 but thats another problem.

The two messages I get are:
"Unsupported dest format 0x..." for A8 pictures used as destination
"Get Color buffer format" from i830_check_composite.

I composite an A8 to an A8 picture and that seems to be unsupported.
Should I use copyArea for this operation, and would that be accalerated?
Or would it be possible to accalerate just the copyArea-case (no
transformations, mask) in the driver?

Thanks, Clemens