[Intel-gfx] G45 user experience

Shane W shane-freedesktop at csy.ca
Tue Nov 11 05:16:00 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:32:40AM +0800, Fu Michael wrote:
> Do you have any HDMI sink device that can support 5.1 or 7.1 audio?  I'm
> looking for those kind of devices as well...

I'm not really sure what you mean by HDMI sink but my
receiver which connects to the G45 does support 5.1 and 7.1
HDMI decoding along with TRUEHD, DTSHD and DSD so I can
certainly test anything that comes down the pipe as far as
patches go.

By the way, had a bit more time to test out these HDMI sync
xorg patches.  Under mplayer, after playing audio for about
10 or so minutes with a video stream, the audio starts to
drop out and then stops altogether.  Stopping and starting
mplayer doesn't fix it, stopping mplayer and playing a wav
via aplay gives silence.  Stopping Xorg does correct it and
once Xorg is restarted, it'll run with video for another 10
or so minutes and stop again.  This is using Saturday's GIT
on ALSA, Xorg and Intel with the IALSA Intel hdmi patch,
and the HDMI patches for Xorg and the Intel driver applied.

Shane