[Intel-gfx] I can has cherry pick Gx4 AGP fixes?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Oct 21 18:59:50 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 18:32 +0200, Martin Olsson wrote:

> QUESTION 1)
> It is correct that this "corresponding xf86-intel change" is in fact
> commit #2 (below)?

Yes, the X server and the kernel AGP driver both compute the size of the
'stolen' memory (memory pages pre-allocated by the BIOS to the graphics
card and stored in the first portion of the GTT). If the X server and
AGP driver compute the wrong value, or disagree, a selection of 'bad
things' can happen.

> QUESTION 2)
> G45 seems to work fine with just the AGP patch so the xf86-intel patch
> is really only required for GM45 right?

Both patches are required for both chips. You just haven't hit the G45
bug in your testing.

> QUESTION 3)
> Can you think of any reason why it would be a bad idea to cherry pick
> these two commits for intrepid?

You should definitely incorporate both of these patches into your future
release, and (ideally) provide new versions of these packages for any
existing releases which support G45 and GM45 hardware.

keith.packard at intel.com