[Intel-gfx] KMS, GEM and 2.6.30-rc1

Jake jaketmuss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:03:46 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Claudio M. Camacho <claudiomkd at gmail.com>wrote:

> Has anyone achieved KMS with 2.6.29.x or 2.6.30-rc1? If so, please let
> me know what is the exact version of your packages and what is the exact
> configuration of Xorg and the kernel graphics submenu.

I am currently running 2.6.29, KMS on GM45, and it's pretty stable. To get
things
working I needed to add the following boot flag:

i915.modeset=1

Otherwise I would get corrupted terminals and could not exit X without
freezing.

I following the config here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=522665#p522665

I am running the testing packages from arch if you want the kernel config
etc.

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "AllowEmptyInput"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "DVI1"
    Option        "Ignore"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "DVI2"
    Option        "Ignore"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Card0"
    Driver        "intel"
    Option        "monitor-DVI1"    "DVI1"
    Option        "monitor-DVI2"    "DVI2"
EndSection

Apart from that its all defaults, which means UXA for me.