[Intel-gfx] Patch to fix fdo bug #21064

René Gabriëls renegabriels at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:12:39 CEST 2009

The attached patch fixes my garbled screen issue on my Intel 855GM notebook. For
some reason the VGA_2X_MODE bit in the VGACNTRL register is set to 1 on my
machine, causing the video chip to scale up the framebuffer, which results in a
funky screen.

In the patch I forced this bit to zero and the problem is gone.  I'm not sure if
there's anybody who's actually using this 2X_MODE on an 855GM.  However, before
this bug was introduced (git: db9f5915ce812144ffd9d2aa42e8ba856129c35e), this
bit was forced to zero as well.

- René