[Intel-gfx] BACKLIGHT property for KMS case

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Aug 17 23:32:43 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 09:17 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 04:07:45PM +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> > +#define BACKLIGHT_CLASS "/sys/class/backlight"
>
> Why can't we use libudev to get this kind of device instead of
> hard-coding it?

The X server currently uses hal for input device hot-plug; while we'd
love to move that to libudev, we don't have any configuration
infrastructure available in that environment, and so I suspect the core
server will grow some libudev infrastructure in the near future.
Anything we do with either hal or libudev is likely to be invalidated by
this plan, so I'd suggest doing the easy thing for now and fixing it
later when real libudev support appears.

keith.packard at intel.com