[Intel-gfx] Fedora Core 12 x86_64 lockup/crash

Avedissian, Vahe Y (AS) Vahe.Avedissian at ngc.com
Wed Dec 2 17:52:00 CET 2009

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get FC12 x86_64 working on a system with an Intel GM45 graphics chipset.
What I am seeing is about 7 times out of 8 once Linux switches to graphics mode, the system locks up.
It seems to lock up (caps lock and all other keyboard presses not accepted) at various / random points
In graphical mode startup. I've seen it lock up when X is started, when the login panel comes up, or even after
Logging in before the gnome desktop is displayed.

Booting into run level 3 is not an issue. In fact, issuing a startx command from a run level 3 console seems to lock
The system up as well.

I've installed all available rpm updates and that did not seem to help.

It looks like a problem in the graphics pipeline/stack.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Vahé Avédissian
Software Engineer
Software Architecture Requirements and Test
Northrop Grumman Corporation - Aerospace Systems
One Hornet Way, MS 9N13/W6
El Segundo, CA 90245

office: (310) 331-6924

Email: vahe.avedissian at ngc.com