[Intel-gfx] Several regressions in KMS vs UMS mode

Robert Lowery rglowery at exemail.com.au
Thu Dec 3 22:11:07 CET 2009

> On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:48:15 +1100 (EST)
> "Robert Lowery" <rglowery at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> After recently upgrading to my GM965 based AOpen MP965DR MiniPC to
>> Ubuntu Karmic (9.10), I have noticed several regressions when running
>> in KMS mode
>>
>> 1) My 1080p Sony VPL-VW50 projector comes up by default in 1024x768
>> mode instead of 1920x1080
>> 2)  My CRT TV which is attached via component video no longer comes
>> up in 576p mode as specified in xorg.conf (I have tried specifying
>> both "TV Format" and "mode" options)
>> 3) Margin settings in xorg.conf for the same TV are being ignored.
>
> Have you filed bugs for these issues?  I think we only recently added a
> few TV properties in the KMS case (though the old ones should have
> worked too).
Not yet, I was first looking for confirmation that it was not just a
configuration issue.  xorg.conf always seems to be hard to get just right
and it looks like with KMS the TV output became TV1 and the "TV Format"
option became "mode".  Can someone please look at my xorg.conf and confirm
it looks ok?

Also, Is the 2.6.32 kernel likely to have already fixed any of these issues?

I'm happy to submit them if they appear to be real issues.