[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.9.99.901

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Dec 10 22:52:36 CET 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:32:00 +0100, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de> wrote:
> Also, the required prerequisites should be mentioned, like the minimum
> libdrm and kernel version for the overay changes.

I'm adding the following paragraph to the NEWS file (will go out in the
next snapshot) for the libdrm requirement:

    Compared to the previous snapshot, this snapshot now correctly
    verifies that libdrm 2.4.16 (or newer) is available. The previous
    snapshot also required libdrm 2.4.16 for correct functionality, but
    neglected to notify the user of this at configure, compile, or install
    time and would instead simply fail to run.

Can you recommend something similar for the kernel-version requirement
you have in mind?

-Carl