[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.9.99.902

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Fri Dec 11 09:18:56 CET 2009

Hi Carl,

Thanks for cutting out a release.

Le 11/12/2009 00:33, Carl Worth a écrit :
> Work-in-progress release notes for the next release (which will be 2.10)
> New requirements of 2.10 compared to 2.9
>   * Linux kernel with kernel-modesetting (KMS)
>
>     All user-modesetting code has now been removed from the driver.
>     We highly recommend kernel version 2.6.32 or later.
>
>   * Libdrm>= 2.4.16

I'm not sure how to phrase it but XvMC now requires libxcb with DRI2
support. The first version to support it is 1.5, which was released
earlier this week. configure.ac doesn't check for [xcb >= 1.5] but for
[xcb-dri2] so it might not be terribly obvious which version first
offers it.

In any case, a blurb in the NEWS file can't hurt.

Cheers,

Rémi