[Intel-gfx] compiz and kwin stuttering

Claudio M. Camacho claudiomkd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:34:45 CET 2009

Hi Grigory,

I have the same graphics card (GM45) but I use the driver 2.6.1. I have
to admit that, with kernel 2.6.27 + intel 2.4.1 I used to get up to
1100fps with glxgears. The system was smooth, also using kwin effects.

Now, I use 2.6.29-rc4 (without KMS) + intel 2.6.1 and my glxgears won't
go beyond 450fps, which makes the system very snappy. Kwin takes is
time when doing some heavy effects, like the magic lamp minimization.

I don't know if it is directly related to the introduction of DRI2, but
performance is definitely low these days on the GM45. I was going
to open a new bug report, but I prefer to wait, since I have already
open twice a bug on this matter and always with Mesa updates it got
better.

Which version of Mesa do you use? I use the latest Mesa 7.3.0 packages
plus libdrm-2.4.4.

Regards,
--
Claudio M. Camacho