[Intel-gfx] [KMS] Incorrect connection status on TV Out

Steven J Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 14:21:50 CET 2009

KMS has started working for me as (previously I was just getting a blank
screen - probably due to the kconfig changes), however, the TV Out
connection test it getting a false positive resulting on NTSC 1024x768
being set on TV1 leading to xrandr setting the display size hints to
1024x768 on my 1920x1200 LVDS1 output.  This causes the gnome-panel,
fullscreen apps etc to only appear in the top left of the screen.  After
the first run of X, the connection status is updated to disconnected and
subsequently things work as expected.

(Dell Latitude D830 - GM965)