[Intel-gfx] Updated patch series for removing EXA

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Feb 25 07:42:40 CET 2009

Here's another cut at removing EXA.  Right now, removing EXA is made
difficult by the need to support non-DRI, and therefore non-GEM mode, since
pre-KMS we don't support multiple X Servers doing DRI.

I've fixed up UXA to run on server 1.4 (though the lack of glyph cache hurts
pretty badly), and fixed a bunch of failure that I noticed with UXA and !DRI2,
and a bit of failure with UXA and !GEM.  The !GEM case is still incredibly
painful, due to too much moving of object data in and out.  We could probably
fix up the fake bufmgr to handle this better with a little effort.

If people like the looks of this, I'm thinking of pushing all but the last
patch pretty soon.