[Intel-gfx] Question about support libs for 2.7.1/uxa/dri2/kms

Will Saxon saxonww at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 03:41:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

I decided to upgrade my system to kernel 2.6.30 and give
kms/uxa/dri2 a whirl. This system is used primarily as a mythtv
frontend.

While the mythfrontend interface seems to work fine, any attempt to
display video results in a black screen. I am not able to do a vt
switch, but I am not sure if this is gfx or input related. I am able
to access the machine remotely. I do get the broken front buffer
rendering warning, but no other errors are stored in the log.

I am using libdrm 2.4.11, xorg-server 1.6.2, mesa 7.4.4, kernel
2.6.30 and intel driver 2.7.1. The intel drm support is compiled into
the kernel.

Should I expect working video from this configuration? I see that the
2009Q1 page lists older versions of all the components I list above,
but I am not sure if the patches specified for kernel drm and mesa
have been included in general releases yet.

Thanks,

-Will