[Intel-gfx] PATCH: do not crash in i830_allocate_memory_bo if pI830->bufmgr is NULL

Magnus Kessler Magnus.Kessler at gmx.net
Fri Jul 31 11:22:16 CEST 2009

With current git master of xserver and xf86-video-intel I encounter a crash in
i830_allocate_memory_bo (i830_memory.c:730) when the server is restarted by
kdm.

The attached patch avoids the crash by guarding against a NULL pointer to
pI830->bufmgr.

I suspect however that the real fix has probably to do with a missing re-
initialisation of the bufmgr on server restart. Any tips where to look for
this are welcome.

Magnus