[Intel-gfx] RFC] [Patch] [DRM/I915] :Check the LID device to decide whether the LVDS should be initialized

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:48:15 CEST 2009

2009/6/11 yakui_zhao <yakui.zhao at intel.com>:
> +       if (acpi_disabled) {
> +               /*
> +                * if ACPI is disabled, there is no ACPI device tree. And
> +                * we don't know whether there exists the LID device.
> +                * In such case we will return 0.
> +               return 0;
> +       }

Won't this prevent people from debugging ACPI problems on laptops by
disabling ACPI on the kernel command line? Does this patch mean that,
in such case, there will be no output at all? Maybe, without ACPI, we
should initialize LVDS if and only if there are no other output
devices connected?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov