[Intel-gfx] [DRM/I915][Patch 0/3_v2]Create the modeline by using CVT/GTF

yakui.zhao at intel.com yakui.zhao at intel.com
Mon Jun 22 07:17:07 CEST 2009

From: Zhao Yakui <yakui.zhao at intel.com>

     This is the patch set that create the standard timing modeline by using
CVT/GTF algorithm while interpreting the EDID.
     Patch 1/3: Add the CVT algorithm in kernel space
        This is copied from the file of xserver/hw/xfree86/modes/xf86cvt.c.
What I have done is to translate it by using integer calculation. This is
to avoid the float-point calculation in kernel space.
     Patch 2/3: Add the GTF algorithm in kernel space
        This is copied from the file of xserver/hw/xfree86/modes/xf86gtf.c.
What I have done is to translate it by using integer calculation. This is
to avoid the float-point calculation in kernel space.
        At the same tie I also refer to the function of fb_get_mode in
drivers/video/fbmon.c
     Patch 3/3: Add the standarding timing modeline by using CVT/GTF
        In course of interpreting the EDID, the timing level will be obtained,
which is used to determine whether the CVT/GTF algorithm is selected to
generate the modeline for the given hdisplay/vdisplay/vfresh_rate.
        In the UMS mode firstly it will check whether it can be found in
the DMT table. If it can be found, then the modeline is returned. Then the
timing_level is used to choose CVT/GTF.
        As there is no DMT table, bogus modeline is returned when timing level
is DMT. For the other two timing levels, the CVT/GTF will be called to
generate the required standard timing modeline

Welcomes the comments.
   Yakui