[Intel-gfx] Memory usage in Intel driver

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Mar 9 22:37:08 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 01:16:02PM +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> > The format is like this:
> > Pending 'bo name' ('howmany times'x handle) (this object is still referenced)
> > Cached: 'bo name' (0x handle) (this object lives in bo caches)
> > Pixmap: pixmap - 'caller name' count 'how many times' (still referenced)
> > Cached: pixmap - 'caller name' count 'how many times' (unreferenced, in caches)
>
> [...]
> > Pixmap: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 1078
> > Pixmap: pixmap - createdefaultstiple count 1
> > Pixmap: pixmap - compNewPixmap count 1
> > Pixmap: pixmap - ProcRenderAddGlyphs count 5284
> > Pixmap: pixmap - glyph caches count 2
> > Cached: pixmap - alpha picture count 31
> > Cached: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 401
> > Cached: pixmap - uxa glyphs count 61
>
> Update after more time spent in X session:
>
> Pixmap: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 1083
> Pixmap: pixmap - createdefaultstiple count 1
> Pixmap: pixmap - compNewPixmap count 1
> Pixmap: pixmap - ProcRenderAddGlyphs count 958
> Pixmap: pixmap - glyph caches count 2
> Pixmap: pixmap - uxa glyphs count 1
> Cached: pixmap - alpha picture count 27
> Cached: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 10510
> Cached: pixmap - ProcRenderAddGlyphs count 2876
> Cached: pixmap - uxa glyphs count 155
>
> I noticed that cached objects ProcCreatPixmap slowly rises. I don't believe that all
> of 10510 objects are busy or cannot be reused anyway so I guess there are some
> bugs in BO reusing code.

few hours later:

Pixmap: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 1170
Pixmap: pixmap - createdefaultstiple count 1
Pixmap: pixmap - compNewPixmap count 1
Pixmap: pixmap - ProcRenderAddGlyphs count 5647
Pixmap: pixmap - glyph caches count 2
Pixmap: pixmap - DRI2 buffers count 6
Cached: pixmap - alpha picture count 41
Cached: pixmap - ProcCreatePixmap count 10472
Cached: pixmap - uxa glyphs count 113

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek