[Intel-gfx] Solved - Pixel doubling at 720p via HDMI to HDTV

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 11 16:22:33 CET 2009

Just wanted to follow up and note that I no longer experience this
issue. For the past few weeks I've been successfully running on an
i386 build of the xserver-xorg-video-intel package from
Debian/experimental (2:2.6.1-1) and accompanying xserver-xorg-* on
an otherwise pure Debian/unstable system. It's been rock solid so
far (though note that I'm using S/PDIF coaxial audio output to a
separate surround receiver rather than sending audio signals over
HDMI directly to the TV). For posterity...

controller: 82G35 Express Integrated (rev 03) on ASUS P5E-VM HDMI

display: Sony KDF-60XS955 HDTV (overscan removed via service menu)

connection: HDMI to HDMI

xorg.conf:

# Work around the broken EDID block this HDTV returns by disabling
# DDC and providing explicit timings instead.
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Intel 82G35 Express Integrated"
        Driver          "intel"
        Option          "Monitor-HDMI-1"        "Sony KDF-60XS955 HDTV"
        Option          "NoDDC"                 "true"
        Option          "AccelMethod"           "UXA"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Sony KDF-60XS955 HDTV"
        HorizSync       15-46
        VertRefresh     59-61
        Mode "ATSC-720-60p"
                DotClock        74.25
                HTimings        1280    1320    1376    1650
                VTimings        720     722     728     750
        EndMode
        Option          "DPMS"                  "off"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "Intel 82G35 Express Integrated"
        Monitor         "Sony KDF-60XS955 HDTV"
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual         1280    720
                Modes           "ATSC-720-60p"
        EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
EndSection

--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);