[Intel-gfx] Solved - Pixel doubling at 720p via HDMI to HDTV

The Fungi fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 12 03:21:50 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:33:43AM +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> We have fixed SDVO HDMI audio in 2.7 rc1 for UMS, and if you use
> more recent kernel 2.6.29-rc, Intel HDMI audio support has also
> been in alsa.
>
> For KMS now, I think we can always enable audio for SDVO and HDMI,
> as I don't think there could be side effect on this.

Well, there I was mostly trying to make the point that I hadn't
recently tested audio over HDMI, and therefore can't attest to its
current state as it pertains to what's packaged for Debian (though
from what you mention above, the xserver-xorg-video-intel package in
experimental and linux-image-* packages in unstable won't yet
anyway).

For now the only device I have which will accept HDMI input is the
HDTV itself, which downmixes digital audio to only two channels. My
use of the coaxial audio interface on the board is thus a pragmatic
one, at least until I upgrade to a newer HDMI-capable surround
receiver.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi at yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);