[Intel-gfx] [845G] No mouse cursor with DRI/DRI2

dolphinling lists at dolphinling.net
Sun Mar 29 05:42:04 CEST 2009

I'm running an 845 with kernel 2.6.29, xorg-server 1.6.0, and git mesa, drm, and

The mouse cursor does not display (but does work invisibly!) unless I disable
DRI and DRI2. Specifically, of the following three lines...
Load  "dri"
Load  "dri2"
Option     "DRI"

...Switching them all off makes the cursor appear (and other stuff*), changing
just the 'Option "DRI"' line to false does nothing, and changing just the 'Load
"dri2"' line to 'Disable "dri2"' does not let the server start. I haven't tried
other combinations.

Besides kernel .config, xorg.conf, and Xorg.0.log, which I'll get when I'm at
the computer and turn it on again, is there any other or more verbose output I
can send to see why it's not working?

At this point this is the only thing preventing me from using updated components.

* with DRI, glxgears is corrupted: black lines through the display, and about 5
copies of each gear appear, each shifted slightly horizontally. It animates with
the lines and all the copies. Also, disabling DRI seems to change the default