[Intel-gfx] Doing restore by setting modes

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun May 10 00:10:00 CEST 2009

I'm having trouble with Display Port suspend/resume -- configuring the
output is fairly tricky and depends on doing things in the right order
at the right time. At this point, on resume, the display refuses to
re-train, so you're left with a black screen. Setting the screen to a
different mode and back to the preferred mode fixes it, unlike
everything else I've tried (including turning it off and back on).

I'm wondering if we shouldn't just bail on much of the suspend/resume
code and have resume just re-configure outputs using the existing output
configuration code. Seems like that would result in less code and fewer
inconsistencies between the resume and normal modeset paths.

keith.packard at intel.com