[Intel-gfx] GM45 regressions

Fedor Sakharov fedor.sakharov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:27:18 CET 2009

Hello.

I have a ThinkPad x200s with 4500MHD on board. And currently i run 2
systems on it, the first one of them is Ubuntu 9.04 and the other one
is Gentoo. Ubuntu is doing pretty well with window performance,
movies, 3d and so on. And Gentoo is a disaster.

So here are the versions of software on:
Ubuntu:
kernel: 2.6.28
libdrm-intel-2.4.5
xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.6.3-0

Gentoo:
kernel: 2.6.31
libdrm-2.4.15
xf86-video-intel-2.9.1
mesa: 7.5.2

Of course I know, that glxgears are not the right benchmark, however
Ubuntu performs ~1300fps and Gentoo ~300. And the WM performance is a
lot worse on Gentoo. Is there anything to do with the performance on
newer versions of software?

--
Best regards,
Fedor Sakharov