[Intel-gfx] GM45 regressions

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 4 11:34:22 CET 2009

Le 04/11/2009 11:11, Magnus Kessler a écrit :
> I am running Gentoo on a Lenovo T500 and am currently quite satisfied with the
> performance of the intel graphics system. However, in the buildup to the
> current stable release of Mesa (7.6.x) there were some quite rough times with
> unreliable performance and stability issues.
>
> Can you try if using Mesa 7.6 (from the x11 overlay) works better for you?

Better yet, try mesa-9999 (also in the x11 overlay) and add this to your
make.conf :

   mesa_LIVE_BRANCH="mesa_7_6_branch"

It'll make the ebuild use the 7.6 branch instead of git master. As
Magnus said, the 7.6 release was quite bad on Intel chips. The upcoming
7.6.1 looks much better. Let's just hope it gets released soon.

Cheers,

Rémi