[Intel-gfx] Dual display problems with intel graphics

kartik drskartik at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:50:10 CET 2009

I have a Dell Vostro A860 running Ubuntu Karmic with Intel Mobile
GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller. I want to use my laptop for
projecting my presentations etc through an LCD projector. I also went
through the following link: http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html
However I could not configure the projector using display settings in
panel. I use the Fn+F8 key after connecting the projector but there is
no display in the projector though my laptop monitor resolution changes.
The xorg.conf is blank. The output of xrandr -q is
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1360 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
VGA1 connected 1360x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
0mm x 0mm
   1360x768 59.8*
   1152x864 60.0
   1024x768 60.0
   800x600 60.3
   640x480 59.9
LVDS1 connected 1360x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
344mm x 193mm
   1366x768 60.1 +
   1360x768 59.8*
   1024x768 85.0 75.0 70.1 60.0
   832x624 74.6
   800x600 85.1 72.2 75.0 60.3 56.2
   640x480 85.0 72.8 75.0 59.9
   720x400 85.0
   640x400 85.1
   640x350 85.1 Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200,
Do I have a problem in configuring Xorg? or is it a bug with this
graphics card on Ubuntu.
How to fix this?
regards
Kartik