[Intel-gfx] Problem with flicker

Michael Wright bodyjarrocks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 15:08:56 CET 2009

I have looked at my flicker problem a little more closely and I can
see that it is not an XV-only issue. If you stop playback during the
flicker, and then kill mythfrontend the whole X display continues to
flicker for a few seconds. In fact you can see this on my original
video.

So this must be Intel driver issue right? Sure, it seems to be
triggered by mythtv but mythtv just uses XV and this looks to be a
general X problem.

Any ideas about debugging this?  Could this be an SDVO HDMI interface
issue? Probably not since it is a way down the chain from the
framebuffer.

What if it can insert some printf() action in the section of the
driver that streams to hdmi? I might see black frames evey now and
then in the stream.

Regards,
Mike

Sent from my iPod