[Intel-gfx] Did anyone ever try to read the two temperature sensors on Intel 945GME chipset?

A Aendenroomer aendenroomer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:47:48 CET 2009

Did anyone ever try to read the two temperature sensors on Intel 945GME chipset?

I did amend the Intel driver xf86-video-intel for this purpose;
version 2.7.0. (Used the Mobile IntelĀ® 945 Express Chipset Family
Datasheet as a guide.)

The register values I read indicate that I can make the control
register indicate a trip, but only if I write to the calibrate
temperature bits a value that lies above the trip temperature ;-|

The temperature registers themselves only indicate 0xFF, no matter what I do.

Any advise anyone?

Thanks!