[Intel-gfx] basic dri question

Avedissian, Vahe Y (AS) Vahe.Avedissian at ngc.com
Fri Sep 11 23:47:30 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to measure the best performance of an Intel GM45 graphics chipset running on Fedora Core 11 (x86_64).
I am running the Fedora stock Xorg server. Glxinfo tells me direct rendering is enabled.

My questions are :
1.	Do I need to build and install the Xfree86 server that normally ships with the Intel driver? Or can I take advantage of dri with my setup "as-is" (i.e. Xorg plus my Intel driver) ?
2.	Other than enabling loading glx and dri modules in the xorg.conf "Module" section, is there anything else I need to do (i.e. re-link my apps, etc...)?
3.	Will I see a difference in performance between Xorg and Xfree86?

Thanks in advance.

Vahé Avédissian
Software Engineer
Software Architecture Requirements and Test
Northrop Grumman Corporation - Aerospace Systems
One Hornet Way, MS 9N13/W6
El Segundo, CA 90245

office: (310) 331-6924

Email: vahe.avedissian at ngc.com