[Intel-gfx] tv out on lvds panel

Marco Berizzi pupilla at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:53:54 CEST 2009

> From: gordon.jin at intel.com
> To: pupilla at hotmail.com; intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:02:38 +0800
> Subject: RE: [Intel-gfx] tv out on lvds panel
>
> Marco Berizzi wrote on Monday, September 14, 2009 9:10 PM:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm using the intel video driver 2.8.1 on linux Slackware 13 (64 bit)
>> on a hp 6730b laptop.
>> I have a pretty strange problem: sometimes when I run startx I get
>> these
>> messages:
>>
>> (II) intel(0): Output VGA disconnected
>> (II) intel(0): Output LVDS connected
>> (II) intel(0): Output HDMI-1 disconnected
>> (II) intel(0): Output TV disconnected
>>
>> and sometimes instead I get those:
>>
>> (II) intel(0): Output VGA disconnected
>> (II) intel(0): Output LVDS connected
>> (II) intel(0): Output HDMI-1 disconnected
>> (II) intel(0): Output TV connected
>>
>> The problem is the Output TV. I see both the output to the lcd laptop
>> panel (see this bipmap http://80.204.235.230/1.jpg). And, for example
>> xine max windows size is 1024x768 and not the lcd 1680x1050
>> resolution.
>>
>> Really not a problem at all. With xrandr I disable the tv output.
>> Just I would like to know why sometimes the X server tell tv is
>> connected and sometimes it doesn't tell.
>
> We used to have an unstable TV detection issue but I thought that's already fixed.
> Can you try KMS?
>
> Gordon

I did try to compile with:

Device Drivers  --->
    Graphics support  --->
         Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.1.0 and higher DRI support)  --->
               Intel 830M, 845G, 852GM, 855GM, 865G (i915 driver)  --->
                   i915 driver
                    [*] Enable modesetting on intel by default

but the lcd display goes black just after the linux kernel boot  :-((