[Intel-gfx] [Patch 0/3] DRM/I915: Use the child device array to decide whether the given HDMI/DP should be initialzied

ykzhao yakui.zhao at intel.com
Wed Sep 23 05:34:30 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 00:15 +0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:30:29 +0800
> ykzhao <yakui.zhao at intel.com> wrote:
> > On most boxes it is reliable and can be used to decide whether the
> > LVDS/TV should be initialized. But after I check the vbios collected
> > from Jesse, I find that it is not reliable.
> >
> >    On some boxes the definition of child device is incorrect. In such
> > case it can't be used to decide whether the LVDS/TV should be
> > initialized.
>
> Can we detect that by checking the child device block size vs. our
> internal definition?
Yes. We can find this issue on some fujistu laptops.
> Or have you seen cases where the child device
> block is apparently valid but has the wrong outputs too?
I have no such case. But an exception is about the LVDS.
On some boxes the LVDS is defined in the child device. But the
addinoffset is zero. As I can't know whether the LVDS really exists, I
can't know whether it can be used to initialize LVDS/TV.

Thanks.